Grandpa and Grandma, affectionately termed as title, came for a visit. They brought with them fishing poles for the kids. We went to Douglas Lake to try them out. No fish to report, and the poles hadn't hooks. I was too nervous.
We also had Ruby's late birthday celebration. As usual, she was quiet and solemn about her gifts while Wylie could barely contain himself. She received Moonsand, Littlest Pet Shop house and animals, and a fairy outfit. We then went out to celebrate our birthdays at Sunspot. The kids love hummus. This week I was so thrilled with that I bought roasted sesame seeds to make it at home. Before, the cost was not justified since only Mr. Merland and I ate it.
We were sad to see them go. I don't know why anyone would choose a climate where the normal weather pattern includes seasonal bouts of literally freezing weather, but hey, that is just me. And millions of others. You know, the cost of living is SO MUCH CHEAPER down in beautiful, lush East Tennessee- where the boys grow up loving Jesus, their mommas, and their land and the girls are the apples of their parents' eyes. Unrelated side note- this is a fantastic place to retire, with the long golfing season, the beautiful hikes, the growing grandchildren.....
I plan to upload some pics soon. I have to recharge the camera battery. The weather has been so lovely we have been spending all our free time gardening. Seems a shame to waste even a second hunting for that charger.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment