From My Little Ones
They say such cute things I wanted to write them down for everyone to enjoy.
Wyatt was eating his cereal and staring off into space when he suddenly said,"Probably the reason food isn't alive is it would be afraid to go into my mouth and down my drain."
In the kitchen last week Wyatt was clearing his throat. "Uh-hmmm! Uh- hmmm! I'm clearing my throat like Daddy!" "Yes, Sweetie," I answer while cleaning the stove top. "Because it has a frog in it! Because there is a frog in my throat!" He continued. "Yes, I hear." I said. He changed his tone a bit and stood up to declare, "But the frog in my throat had a sword, and he killed me!"
Yesterday I was out cleaning the back deck when Wyatt announced he and Ruby had a 'silly surprise' for me and instructed me to close my eyes. They just finished making all sorts of Play-Doh creations and I was expecting yet another gob of hairy, mixed, half crusty Play-Doh in my hand. I smoothed out my skirt and closed my eyes. "Okay, go, Ruby!" Wyatt cried. I immediately hear a 'woosh' of water and a scream. I opened my eyes and Wyatt tearfully screamed and a hose-wielding Ruby, "Ruby!! You were supposed to shoot Mommy! Not me! Now I'm all wet!"
Wyatt was horrified to find the prize, an Ice-Age pencil topper, in the box of Corn Flakes. "Oh no! Look what they left in the cereal at the factory!" His face was distorted in disgust as he gingerly lifted the plastic-wrapped novelty as far from him as he could. I agreed and told him they needed a better QA manager so random things wouldn't fall into the cereal. Score! One of my nightmares was Wyatt would want cereal for the prize.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL I love the "now I'm all wet"!
ReplyDeleteWhy is this so funny!?
ReplyDelete